Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ms. Lee

That foot print there looks like a Reebok, a Reebok Trainer... a very deep imprint deep. They must have been running. Good for them. It's very difficult running in the sand. You loose a lot of traction in sand. I've run on the beach a few times. I remember Santa Monica once, playing Frisbee, That must have been during sophomore year. No, junior year. Kevin was there. Yeah, it was his birthday or something like that.


I just have to accept the fact that I'll never know why that didn't work out.


There goes a Basset Hound...


You loose a lot of traction running in the sand that's for sure. It seems like the harder you press against the earth the less ground you gain. A sprinter will still go faster, but they have to exert a lot more energy than someone on a flat surface. There must be a correlation there. Energy exerted and distance gained. I've heard it's good for your ankles though. I wonder if walking is similar. My shoes have pretty good traction. I don't feel like I'm loosing much ground, at least nothing significant.

1 comment:

k said...

Well played... Unexpected and perfect.